Slicker Recycling is a small company with big ambitions. Specialising in the collection and recycling of used lubrication oil, we are market leaders in our industry and we have the backing of a fantastic shareholder.
Under new management, over the last two years, the company has been turned around. The company is now profitable, significant capital has been invested and last year we made our first acquisition. We continue to invest in the business, strengthen the management team and are actively looking at additional acquisition opportunities.
Having recently relocated the finance department from Newport we have recruited a new team with a great attitude and an excellent atmosphere.
We are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join the team in our brand new head office in Stourport on Severn.
Reporting into the FD, this is a hands-on role covering all aspects of finance. It will suit a professionally minded individual looking for career progression in a growing company. First or second time movers from practice will also be considered.
The Financial Controller will support the FD in managing, leading and developing the finance department as the company grows.
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Strong balance sheet control
- Responsibility for accounting, payables, treasury and payroll
- Cash flow forecasting and cash management
- Preparation of VAT and other statutory submissions
- Support the budgeting process
- Assist the FD in business partnering the business
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Developing and ensuring compliance with financial policies, controls and processes
- Ad hoc financial analysis
- Support the implementation of a new ERP package
- Qualified Accountant ( ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Significant accounts preparation experience, originally gained in a small to medium sized practice
- Strong academics, ideally first time passes
- A ‘right first time’ and ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail with commercial acumen
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen to influence the growth and development of the team
In return we offer a great working environment, to be part of a committed and dedicated team, and the following benefits:
Salary £40-£50k depending on experience
Contributory pension, death in service, private medical insurance, bonus and holiday schemes
Strictly no agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79805426