Maternity Cover (12 Month Contract)
Our client is the largest private owned global insurance broker in the world, with an enviable record of growth over the over the last few years. They operate out of multiple territories and have an international branch network. Dealing with both retail and wholesale clients, they operate a culture that is unique which emanates from the entrepreneurial spirit of its senior management and the flat structure in which the organisation operates.
The business model and the executive team encourage empowerment and visibility, creating a cohesive, professional and focused environment. As a partnership led business, there is more emphasis on collaboration and accountability across all business units.
The UK & Ireland operations have approximately 950 FTE across a network of branches and a further 1000 FTE predominately based out of the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. The Head Office is in London and the majority of the central service functions are based from there.
The business has achieved significant success in recent years with strong organic growth and positive client and employee feedback. The internal culture of the organisation is recognised as a key differentiator and the quality of service delivery is highly rated by clients.
The business requires an efficient and courteous PA / EA to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer, ensuring the smooth operation of the day-to-day business, maintaining good dialogue and liaison with other members of the Executive board, overseas operations, other business unit PA’s, HQ management and external clients.
This role will suit someone who is professional and remains calm under pressure . The remit will be all-encompassing from diary management, travel booking, expenses, processing documentation and assisting in the preparation of presentations through to liaising with clients, collation of MI, assisting with budgets and event management.
The right individual will have experience in a similar role, ideally within an Insurance environment although not essential. You will have strong IT skills, particularly Outlook and Excel with advanced typing skills. Experience of shorthand is useful but not essential.
You will be highly organised, analytical and demonstrate the ability to multi-task, co-ordinate and prioritise your workload.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential coupled with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
More specific areas of responsibility in the role will include the following;
- Formatting/ drafting correspondence and documents efficiently and accurately.
- Managing replies/ overseeing CEO email inbox and outbox.
- Answering, screening and redirecting telephone enquiries as required.
- Diary management including meetings, conference calls, meeting rooms, travel and other events.
- Expense handling including checking those submitted for approval.
- Arranging domestic and overseas travel, accommodation, car transfers etc. for the CEO and overseas office associates/ management when requested.
- Meeting and greeting external and internal guests, arranging meeting rooms and catering.
- Assisting with company driver diary and availability.
- Maintaining an electronic and paper filing system.