Commercial Account Handler
One of our insurance brokers is currently looking for an Account Handler to join their commercial insurance department in Bournemouth.
The company you will be joining are an established intermediary with a professional and friend attitude to the insurance work they carry out. With over 30 years working in the insurance industry the company ethos of putting clients' needs and requirements first has given them a successful long term presence in the local market.
The purpose of the position whilst working within the Commercial department is to provide broking and technical support. You will produce documents in line with service standards in order to provide a timely, compliant and efficient service to customers. A major part of this position is to provide sound advice and guidance to customers in relevant aspects of risk management and insurance.
- Negotiate terms on behalf of customers with underwriters
- Compile risk submissions to present to underwriters
- Handle insurance portfolios
- Issue insurance registers summarising the scope of insurance scope
- Alongside the Account Executive present reports to existing and potential customers, issue risk presentations and provide advice to customers on how to deal with risks
You will need at least 2 years commercial insurance broking or account handling experience. Strong written and communication skills particularly in report writing. Negotiation skills and technical knowledge of a good range of commercial insurances are essential.
Good basic salary coupled with steady career prospects will make this a popular choice for those who are a good match for this position.