Workshop Operative - Community Equipment Services
Salary: £15795 - £16785
Dukinfield, Cheshire SK16
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week:40.5
8am - 5pm Tues - Fri
8am - 3pm Sat
To enable our client to achieve the agreed contractual standard of service, by working as part of a team recycling Community Equipment. To decontaminate, service, repair and manage all stock to a high standard, ensuring accuracy of stock movement and accounting and to ensure safe storage of stock and maximising availability of stock to support Service Engineers to deliver 'First Time Fixes’ wherever possible.
- Decontamination of community equipment achieved by following company infection control procedures.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workshop and working in a way to ensure all Company Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all tasks related to the hand held scanner and paperwork are completed with care and accuracy on a daily basis.
- Repair and service equipment to the agreed standard as per company work instructions.
- Accurate counting and recording of any stock/spares movement and inventory checks.
- Ensure any PPE supplied for use in carrying out your duties is used as instructed.
- Educated to general level
- Basic electro-mechanical knowledge including fault finding, diagnosis and repair
- Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Effective team worker and communicator.
- An understanding of spares accounting and recording
- Physically able to lift and carry loads
Physical demands of the job:
- Moving and handling of equipment and accessories following handling guidelines
- Standing at a bench to work
- Use of ramps and any other agreed moving equipment