Junior Web Developer (Back End)
You love music and want to push the boundaries of possibility using the web. As a keen developer and music lover, you want to help us build a robust platform to bring music production into the connected world. Maintainability, testing, clean code and continuous delivery are core to your work ethic. You have a passion for great mobile applications and the technology that supports them. You live and breathe modern web tools and architectures. You have an eye for great user experiences and an understanding of what makes them. You love music and making music, and you thrive in small, creative teams.
Building on foundations that power the existing Ampify x Novation iOS apps (Launchpad, Groovebox and Blocs Wave) you’ll be writing systems to bring our library of high quality loops, samples and presets to other platforms and connected devices. This will involve working with a wide range of technologies across the web stack from designing our REST API, maintaining our cloud infrastructure, database design and internal tools to help the content team manage the catalogue.
You will join our growing web development team, and you will help kickstart our cloud ambitions with our existing iOS applications at its heart. You'll nurture it alongside our exciting new apps (and our huge global user base) to stand on its own, a tool our customers will love.
- Delivering clean and well tested features to improve the Ampify platform
- Reviewing pull requests from other team members.
- Helping with the design of a scalable and secure platform.
- Build, deploy and maintain online services in tandem with our iOS applications
- Be a pioneer within our new web development team's growth
- Discuss design and implementation details with the team
- You have a good foundation in an at least one object oriented / functional language
- You have experience working with REST apis and the HTTP protocol
- You have some exposure to Test Driven Development, continuous integration and developing applications in lean way.
- Developing using modern source control best practices and tools (github, pull requests, etc)
- You’re keen to get your hands dirty and learn new skills.
- You get on well in a small team, working closely and communicating clearly with others
- You make music or have experience with music software
- You have some experience working with a cloud platform
- You are adaptable, autonomous and are able to manage your own time
- You’re friendly and communicate well
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with some (or all!) of the following technologies: python, node js, postgresql, react (and the react ecosystem), linux, aws/google cloud platform and HTML5/CSS.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (eg Google Analytics, New Relic, etc…)
- Experience with a statically typed compiled language.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
We are a new, innovative London-based software start-up launched in 2017 and funded by Focusrite/Novation. Our mission is to create amazing music-making products for the new ‘mobile-first’ world, in an environment where like-minded, passionate people can collaborate seamlessly and build ideas fast. Our office is a dynamic, positive and collaborative place. Here you’ll meet other smart and creative people, collaborate, and bring ideas to life.
We’re a small team with big plans. We’ve already got some of the best-performing music-making apps on the iOS App Store (Launchpad, for example), and we’re growing fast. Being a part of Focusrite/Novation gives us stability and support.
Ampify is based in the heart of London at Tileyard Studios, Europe’s fastest-growing music and tech hub, which is home to the creative industry's top artists, composers, writers and producers. You’ll often bump into them when getting your morning coffee. Find out more about Tileyard Studios at .
AMPIFY - WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a wide range of great benefits.
- Homeworking flexibility
- Lunch at Tileyard’s vibrant Vinyl Cafe
- Breakfast and daily snacks
- Bike-to-work scheme and bike storage facilities (with showers)
- Employee discounts on all Focusrite/Novation/Ampify/REDnet/KRK/Stanton/Cerwin Vega products
- Comprehensive healthcare plan
- Pension scheme, to which the company contributes
- 23 days holiday per year
- Access to use and borrow hardware and software products
- A parental leave policy
- Social events, music nights and music-making weekends
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79411487