Buyers Administration Assistant
Here at New Look we like to think of ourselves as Rock Stars! Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
An exciting Buyers Admin Assistant opportunity to join our Womenswear department has arisen here at New Look in our Central London head office. Our Buyers are they key decision makers on what looks good and what our customers want. If you are someone who loves keeping up with fashion and can’t keep their eyes off the catwalks than this is the role for you! We look for highly commercial and creative individuals who keep an up to date knowledge of current and future trends. Our Buyers need to be able to work well under pressure, be confident enough to build great relationships and have a passion for our product.
The purpose of this role is to put the customer requirements at the centre of the product offer, to support the development and delivery of a commercial and profitable range that maximises sales opportunity. To provide support to the Buying Team in all areas of administration including Critical Path and Sample Management.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Strategy awareness at Group and Department Level
• Awareness of Brand Vision
• Managing daily /weekly tasks in line with Ways Of Working (WOW)
• Preparation for Departmental Meetings
• Supporting the Buying team with data entry into the planning tool
• Raising purchase orders
• Working to the Critical Path to meet all deadlines
• Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally
• Taking ownership of finding solutions
• Coordinating barcode process
• Maintaining purchase orders in the Critical Path in the relevant system
• Assisting the team with supplier slippage management
• Actioning any order amendments under direction from the B&M team
• Supporting commitment through the weekly team updates
• Processing samples received
• Labeling, logging, organising and filing samples
• Preparing samples for meetings
• Maintaining the departments range and samples
• Driving the press sample process to ensure that the department offer is fully potentialised
• Ensuring production samples are received in time to pre shoot for online sales
• Maintaining the latest imagery of samples
• Preparing samples in readiness for3PE partner meetings
• Basic understanding of trade reports
• Basic understanding of trade decisions
• Attending Group Trade meetings
• An understanding of the New Look Customer
• Basic understanding of our Customer Insight and Market Share
• Actively contributing in trend and competitor analysis, making recommendations for changes or developments
• Ongoing familiarity of the competition’s product range
• Completing and reporting back on NL store visits and competitor shops
What Skills do I need for the role?
• PC literate - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
• An understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street
• Positive role model and supportive of team and peers
• Confident communicator
• Team player
• Demonstrates passion for Product
• Effective time management
• Previous experience working in Fashion / Retail and / or as a Buying Admin Assistant is desirable
• Fashion Qualification / Other degree would be beneficial
What will I get?
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes and (monthly free bars), what more could you want?