User Experience Designer : Global Oil and Gas Co
- Full Time
User Experience Designer : Global Oil and Gas Co.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6-12 Months Initially
Rate: c.£500-£550 per day
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for an User Experience Designer to join their Agile development team, operating as a core member in delivering a product to a range of users across an area of the business to transform the way they optimise the value chain for their products.
This opportunity will sit within the sales and marketing part of the organisation and user experience is as important to their employees as it is to their customers. The UX Designer plays a key role in ensuring the product delivers a fantastic user experience.
Initial focus will be on the discovery stage, with activities including:
- Conduct research to gather internal user insights and understand their needs, pain points, key tasks and goals
- Construct user personas and user journeys to ensure a user-centred design that addresses specific user needs and goals
- Define UX principles to be used as a tool to guide the detailed UI and Interaction design, and to ensure design outputs conform to a uniform and agreed user-centred design philosophy
- Conduct task analysis to understand existing systems and the overall information flow to ensure the newly designed experience maps key tasks appropriately to any relevant systems or business process
- Test initial solution ideas through sketches and low-fidelity prototypes with the target user group as relevant
- Collaborate closely with the Business Analyst to ensure business and functional requirements address the identified user needs and goals
Following the discovery stage, the UX designer will focus on interaction design for the product. The individual would need to be experienced at building functional prototypes and designing an interface in line with the defined UX principles. This will require validating (testing) concepts with target users and key stakeholders.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79359622