Operations Analyst (Weekends 2 or 3 weekdays - 24 to 375 hours)
Operations Analyst (Weekends + 2 or 3 weekdays - 24 to 37.5 hours)
Due to strong growth GPS Operations is expanding. This is an excellent part-time (24+ hours from Friday to Monday) up to a full-time opportunity (Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday) for someone to grow client facing skills, analytical capabilities and technical knowledge.
NB: The working hours for this role include every weekend, aside annual leave, as well as Friday and Monday.
Operations Analysts require knowledge of payments processing as well as technical skills, excellent communication, team work and the highest levels of integrity.
Training, mentoring and ongoing support will be provided on processing activities, tools and operational strategy. This will enable the successful achievement of objectives and client satisfaction with minimal or no supervision.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- First line investigation of issues, account creation, incident management
- Phone based client service (in and outbound) to capture any critical information and escalate issues appropriately to bring timely resolution
- Understanding and supporting the delivery of client service to exceed SLAs
- Level 1 analysis & investigation of client service request tickets
- Day to day management of client service request tickets, including management of information quality, updating supporting documentation, and escalation where required
- Answering questions relating to MasterCard/Visa processing, chargebacks, API behaviour and customer support tools
- Maintaining and creating internal and external documentation
- Partner with Operational & Technology teams in seamless client on-boarding
- Provide analysis on card/transaction data to identify and escalate any issues
- Understand, follow and adhere to defined incident management procedures and communication plans
- Complete end to end card testing by creating test scripts, performing card transactions and analysing the data to confirm the results
- Reassign and escalate issues to appropriate internal teams providing the required information needed to investigate thoroughly
Required qualification and competencies:
- 2 years of experience in Customer Service, preferably in cards, payments or banking
- An understanding of transaction processing systems, electronic point of sale and ATMs will be an added advantage
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Candidates should possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English to work within a global team
- Ability to perform both within a team and autonomously experience in office software applications such as Word, Excel, email and browsers
- A methodical approach with keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload with strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work
- Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Have a genuine interest in technology desirable
Basic experience with the following:
Experience of working in a high pressure environment where client service has a direct effect on the bottom line. GPS operates in a secure environment. All candidates will be Credit and Background checked to the extent permitted by law.