Assistant Insurer Relationship Manager
Our client is the largest private owned global insurance broker in the world, with an enviable record of growth over the over the last few years. They operate out of multiple territories and have an international branch network. Dealing with both retail and wholesale clients, they operate a culture that is unique which emanates from the entrepreneurial spirit of its senior management and the flat structure in which the organisation operates.
The business model and the executive team encourage empowerment and visibility, creating a cohesive, professional and focused environment. As a partnership led business, there is more emphasis on collaboration and accountability across all business units.
The UK & Ireland operations have approximately 950 FTE across a network of branches and a further 1000 FTE predominately based out of the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. The Head Office is in London and the majority of the central service functions are based from there.
The business has achieved significant success in recent years with strong organic growth and positive client and employee feedback. The internal culture of the organisation is recognised as a key differentiator and the quality of service delivery is highly rated by clients. To maintain these high standards they are looking at succession planning and is investing in talent for the future.
With this in mind they require an Assistant Relationship Manager to join their Market relationship management unit.
Working in this high profile team you will work in support of more experienced team members on the account management of a portfolio of Insurance Carriers.
This position is open to applicants looking for an entry-level role Insurance including Graduates or Apprentices, or alternatively someone with a base of Insurance experience already. One of the key skills required will be the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This is a very hands-on, self-sufficient team and the role is therefore busy and fast paced.
More specific involvement in the role will include pivotal support to more experienced Relationship Managers in the team across the following areas;
- Involvement in monthly meetings (preparation, attendance, notes & actions), Quarterly Reviews, Annual Review (typically as part of Renewal Exercise).
- Assist with Stewardship Reports (input into design, question set, 'deep-dive areas', 1-2-1 meetings. Checking of initial & final drafts, delivery to carriers and follow- up meetings to discuss findings and agree remedial actions).
- Assist in producing quarterly MI carrier reports.
- Assisting as point of contact for general trouble-shooting & problem solving.
- Supporting input into design of Services ( what else could be of real benefit to Insurer Partners).
- Participation in contract negotiation process including liaison with carriers/and internal Legal & Compliance teams.
- Attendance at events, dinners, lunches etc.