Our client is a Financial Services organisation based in Edinburgh. There is a requirement for an experienced Finance SME/Analyst to join their Change team on an interim basis. The initial contract will be for up to 6 months until the end of June 2018. The Finance SME/Analyst role will support the analysis work on a project to clean up and deliver improvements to the Finance Ledgers and related processes. The role holder will be required to work across multiple business Divisions to complete the analysis on the key process issues, developing the business requirements and solutions to refine the data on the finance systems.
Finance Analyst responsibilities:
- Data Analysis: Capable of working methodically through relevant financial data, with a view to supporting project activity.
- Requirements Elicitation: Designs and facilitates business workshops/sessions to establish business needs in line with the project objectives and understand impact on business processes.
- Requirements Development: Works with business teams to ensure that quality business requirements are produced, accepted and approved by the key stakeholder and business solution designs can deliver effectively.
- Solution Assessment & Validation: Engages with key stakeholders to influence the solution design to meet business goals, scope and process requirements. Provides input into the identification and delivery of project business outcomes and benefits, traceability of requirements and impact of solutions.
Finance Analyst skills:
- The candidate needs to have experience of working on Finance operational efficiency projects.
- Qualified accountant with a background in financial control, and be confident with analysing and reporting on large amounts of data.
- Strong communication skills
- Financial services experience
- Strong experience in the use of Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivots etc) with excellent analysis skills covering data gathering and analysis, requirements documentation, root cause analysis, documentation of solution options and business process re-design.