Database Administrator (DBA)
Recruitment Hunters are recruiting for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) for a leading organisation in Cambridge
Our International client based in Cambridge are looking for a unique IT professional who is an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) which are needed to lead the database architecture across the firm as it delivers a programme of systems and services migration to the cloud. The role requires an individual with a hands-on approach and a deep understanding of the technicalities involved.
This role is responsible for all aspects of database design, planning and development across the firm and responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. They will also be involved with troubleshooting any issues that arise in combination with the other IT teams. The role requires the continuing development of our databases and associated processes to ensure that the future work programme is delivered to an excellent standard of quality, whilst ensuring that operational services levels are maintained.
The individual in this role will be inspirational, role model and technical leader within our IT team in order that as a team we deliver high quality business applications and databases. You will also have the strategic vision to identify where there are opportunities to drive business advantage or adoption of technologies to improve service performance. The individual will define the database vision for the firm and have a view of the 'big picture'. It is essential that they are able to articulate this vision, evolving it when necessary, responding to changes (business or technical) and taking responsibility for ensuring that the strategic vision is delivered successfully.
- Responsible for the design of databases architecture across the firm. Ensuring the architecture meets business, technical, and infrastructure needs on premise and in the cloud.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a resilient SQL Server database platform. Ensuring backups, maintenance and business continuity tasks are implemented, managed, tested and appropriate.
- Responsible for SQL configuration management, optimisation and performance tuning of our SQL Server database platform. Tuning T-SQL queries for performance improvement.
- Responsible for the design and development of our analytics, reporting and business intelligence platform.
- Responsible for database governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy. Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Responsible for communicating current and future risks within application architecture and providing advice on mitigating actions available.
- Works with the business and 3rd parties to provide advice and guidance on how best practice concepts may affect applications and business requirements.
- Identifies opportunities to exploit new technologies (with potential business benefit) and the ability to create a business case for adoption.
- Works with the GHoAS to identify technical solutions and process improvements to support business and IT strategic direction.
- Works with the GHoAS to define the product & technical roadmaps and release planning.
- Ensure all technical design documentation is of a suitable level and ensure documentation including data standards, procedures and data dictionary (metadata) is completed to the highest standard.
Person Specification - Skills & Experience
- Experience as a DBA designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
- Extensive architectural design and application development experience with Microsoft technology stack including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building robust, scalable database platforms on cloud (Microsoft Azure) and on premise environments.
- Strong Knowledge of Performance Tuning, Query Optimisation using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting/ diagnostic
- Experience performing configuration, backup and recovery of Microsoft SQL Server.
- High level of experience in translating business requirements into solutions, writing functional specifications, and collaborating in the production of design documentation.
- Experience of writing design documentation with UML, MOSCOW, TOGAF or similar architecture frameworks.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into a work programme of operational and tactical activities to deliver that vision.
- Knowledge and experience of BI platforms, data warehousing and cubes.
- Scripting knowledge such as PowerShell, T-SQL and performance tuning of Stored Procedures.
This is a full time Permanent Database Administrator (DBA) role, based in Cambridge, working Monday - Friday offering a salary of £45,000 pa doe, plus company benefits.
If this DBA position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters.
'Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!'
Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency based in Cambridgeshire who place permanent & contract staff into firms across East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk) & West London. We focus on 4 main sectors from Commercial, Accountancy, Engineering to Technical. The types of roles we recruit for as follows: Administration, Accounts, Analyst, Customer Service, Logistics, Credit Control, Ledger Clerks, Sales, Account Management, Management, IT, HR, Directors, Engineering, Accountants, Analysts, Insurance, Technical, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Legal, Call Centre, Receptionists, Pa's, Bi-Lingual, Field Sales, Graduates, Juniors, Mortgage Underwriters, Banking & everything in-between. DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (DBA)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79278742