Data Scientist - Dunstable / Sheffield
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Scientist to join our established and successful team based in Dunstable OR Sheffield. My client are one of the leading financial software providers and now need a Data Scientist, to work closely with Business representatives to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making. Working in the Technology and Architectural team and closely with the Product Management team, this role will be to understand and inform where data science can add value for the business' customers and to create and produce analytic data for customers where possible.
The Data Scientist will also be required to create clear reports and data visualisations that tell concise and compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business.
Skills and experience needed for the Data Scientist:
- Minimum 10 years' of IT industry experience, ideally 3-5 years' experience working with a variety of programming languages such as; Python, SAS, R etc.
- Must have a proven track record of delivery on BI projects in the capacity of a Data Scientist
- Strong understanding of Architectural design patterns and project methodologies
- Ideally some exposure or experience with machine learning and modelling techniques
- Highly analytical with demonstrable track record of identifying hidden patterns in data and conducting error analysis to mitigate
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate technical jargon to functional business language
The Data Scientist must also have strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate at C-Level.
Location: Dunstable / Sheffield
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 depending on experience + Bonus + Benefits
Please apply now for further information and immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.