MAIN PURPOSE OF A JOB:
To ensure all products supplied meet agreed Quality Standards and customer specifications.
- To carry out an inspection on the quality aspects of incoming products and recording findings.
- To inform the management of problems or potential problems found at this inspection.
- To carry out a patrol inspection service of production in the Packhouse ensuring that products meet the Customer Specification (quality, weight, packaging, label information).
- To complete Q.C. records.
- To work with the line leaders in order to provide a comprehensive service on quality liaison thus enabling economic production.
- To collect samples for shelf life evaluation and complete the necessary records.
- To maintain the Q.C. Laboratory in a tidy manner and file all documentation so as to make data easily retrievable.
- To assist the management in any special projects that concerns the quality of the products.
- Due to the seasonal and variable nature of the business it may also be necessary to carry out general Knowsley Packhouse duties when/if required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
- The job holder is under a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and must co-operate with the Employer so far as is necessary to perform any duty or comply with any requirement imposed by any relevant law.
- It is the duty of all employees to cooperate fully with the health and safety policy by all means including:
- performing their duties safely and efficiently;
- not doing anything which does or might injure any other person or expose any other person to risk;
- making full and proper use of (and not misusing) all safety and protective equipment and clothing;
- adhering to all procedures specified by the Employer or any instructions issued with any plant or machinery or substances used at work; and
- reporting to the Employer any actually or potentially unsafe conditions, system of work, buildings, vehicles, plant or other equipment.
- The job holder must ensure that all Health and Hygiene requirements are strictly observed and carried out.
Knowsley Packhouse Quality Controller.