Project Controls Lead - HS2
Project Controls Lead - HS2 (Birmingham)
Salary: £100,000 - £102,000
Duration: 12 month roling contract (PAYE - Inside IR35)
My client is looking for seasoned project controls professional on this major infrastructure project. This offers a long term prospect on the scale of project that would get most engineers excited. This is a great opportunity for an experience project controls professional to put their mark on an enviable opportunity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the framework within which risks and issues are captured, reported and managed.
- Oversee Quantitative Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (QCRA/QSRA), and act as the interface with other Project Controls teams across the Phases for programme level QCRA/QSRA exercises.
- Manage the way in which Land and Property develop programme plans, monitor progress and identify dependencies; working with the Programme Management functions to ensure Land and Property plans interface with those from other areas of the business.
- Lead reporting for the Land and Property Directorate, serving both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the team deliver accurate Management Information and analysis.
- Manage inputs to internal and external reviews, baselining exercises and audits; ensure plans are put in place to deliver on subsequent recommendations and outcomes.
- Ensure that processes, guidance and assurance activities are in place so that Land and Property have confidence it is operating within the limits of corporate governance.
- Oversee the co-ordination and management of formal decision-making bodies to secure the necessary direction to deliver programme objectives.
- Manage and lead team members, developing, motivating and inspiring high performing Project Controls professionals and ensuring each has well-defined personal and developmental objectives that feed into regular performance discussions.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to assess financial risks, budgets and forecasts and set the direction for how to manage change and reporting
- Ability to design, implement and operate control frameworks and processes
- Ability to lead teams of people, both as line manager and through matrixed relationships
- Knowledge of best practice project and programme management techniques
- Experience of implementing and operating governance regimes, processes and assurance activities
- Experience of implementing analytical techniques to understand business data
This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual so if you are interested or know someone that is (we do run a referral scheme), please don't hesitate to send me your CV or call me on 01895 671832.
"VGC Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy"