We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant, you will be working within a dynamic team responsible for the provision of accounting and bookkeeping services to our clients. This is a superb opportunity for ambitious accounting professionals looking to advance their career, as there are good prospects for progression and further development. You will be working for a highly successful accountancy & consulting practice within our Head Office in Calne. As a firm we have an excellent reputation with our clients across Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and further afield. You will be ensuring that deadlines are met for our clients as well as looking for opportunities to demonstrate the high service level we offer. A competitive salary as well as support for further training & development will be available for the right candidate.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing the annual accounts up to trial balance from the source documents supplied
- Preparing management accounts for presentation to clients
- Compilation and submission of VAT returns in a timely manner
- Compilation and submission of CIS returns
- Undertaking general bookkeeper duties of behalf of clients
- Developing long-term relationships with your own client base; identifying ways of improving service levels.
- Providing assistance to other team members and taking part in developing trainees.
- Please note that this role is not suitable for those wishing to start their career in accountancy.
The Ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience of working within either within either an Accountancy Practice or commercial role as an Accounts Assistant.
- That you are AAT qualified
- Current relevant knowledge of VAT & CIS legislation.
- Able to prepare annual accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders.
- Knowledge of personal tax legislation.
- Able to prepare monthly management accounts.
- Proficient in the use of the full MS Office package (particularly Excel); Sage 50 Accounts; QuickBooks, with
- good attention to detail. Knowledge of cloud based software is desirable (e.g. Xero)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must have a full driving licence and access to their own transport, as this role requires visiting clients at their premises.
- We also ask for flexibility during working hours in peak periods.
To apply for the role of Accounts Assistant, please click APPLY now and send CV.