Business Development Manager. global events company!
About our client
We are a global catering, logistics and brand support company with 33 years' experience across the globe. A live event support specialist, with offices & facilities in Asia, Europe, the Americas & the Middle East in addition to an extensive worldwide network of partners and suppliers.
We're the umbrella you wish you had when the heavens open and the rich double chocolate fudge cake without the calories. We're all the things you never expected to find in one place - practical imagineers, orderly flexibility, experienced innovators, approachable professionals.
We are an expert at working across a range of different environments; from the Olympics to the Mongolian ice fields.
We have achieved an unrivaled reputation based on experience, success, adaptability and professionalism.
From global sporting events to international festivals, music tours and corporate hospitality for the most exclusive of guests, we are ideally placed to ensure quality and consistency at any major event across the globe.
Business Development Manager
Up to £38K salary plus benefits
Field-based with travel
The Business Development Manager is a newly created role which will proactively sell, drive pipeline and convert opportunities into profitable event revenue.
As an experienced sales and business development professional, you will be able to show success in your current role, and demonstrate a relentless and fearless attitude to outbound and proactive selling, driving pipeline and converting into profitable event revenue.
With a black book of contacts, you will be commercially savvy, target driven, and be a natural sales person who can develop long lasting relationships. You will maximise on all new business as well as maintaining the growth of the existing business. You will build and develop relationships within the corporate and MICE sectors, venues, stadia and arenas.
You will assist the management team in creating and implementing sales and marketing strategies, engage in networking opportunities, and help shape short, medium and long-term business planning. It is expected that you will be accustomed to, and enjoy being field based, as well as managing your own diary.
The successful candidate will embrace our vision, have excellent interpersonal skills, strong organisational skills, a keen eye for details and determination to produce results in a varied, dynamic and pressurised work environment.
An innovator with an outgoing personality coupled with a good sense of humour is a must!
Our ideal candidate:
- Have experience of commercial activities within catering, hospitality, hotels and/or events
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative
- Exceptionally well organised and efficient in managing a busy diary and balancing a demanding workload
- Hungry, ambitious and driven for success
- Be an engaging communicator rather than a 'salesy' communicator
- Know what 'good' looks like in terms of a truly quality, diverse and high-profile offering
- Be creative and innovative when it comes to creating bespoke solutions
- Be naturally passionate about food and quality service
- Be immaculately presented and confident in presenting with flair and personality
- Have a keen eye for detail when compiling lengthy tender documents
- Want to contribute to an award-winning team
- Well networked with an extensive contact base
- Excellent customer service skills with demonstrable experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience of Salesforce advantageous
If you are interested in joining us at this very exciting time, please apply via The Change Group who are exclusively recruiting for us on this occasion.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th February