£28K - £35K + Benefits
Full-Time Monday to Friday - Permanent
Our client, a well established and successful workwear company is looking for an experienced senior product manager to join their Manchester offices.
- To research, design, create, develop and deliver products within an assigned product category to meet the company's core value proposition and objectives.
- Research and develop commercial product to grow sales
- Calculate costs of new products. Be aware of target market selling prices
- Manage the creation of proto-type samples.
- Present ideas and products to senior management and sales representatives.
- Make recommendations for the final selection of products for production.
- Create detailed technical measurement and construction specifications.
- Arrange photography sessions of chosen product.
- Write marketing text for the sales brochure.
- Train and supervise junior staff on a variety of duties associated with product development.
- Partner with team members in China to create accurate samples and bulk production.
- Inspect and fit pre-production and production samples to make sure all products are made correctly within production deadlines.
- Communicate with overseas suppliers to identify and solve problems before they impact on production.
- Monitor and track production until it is delivered to the warehouse.
- Quality check random production samples at the warehouse.
- Analyse sales data and make recommendations for future purchasing of product.
- Communicate with sales representatives and customers on technical questions related to products.
- Work with test-houses to ensure product is certified to relevant norms correctly.
- Ensure all products in range are REACH compliant and arrange testing on these where necessary.
- Be familiar with M3 stock system and use to monitor product supply.
- Work with sales team on customer special orders and give these priority at all times.
- Previous experience within workwear or outdoor clothing industry.
- 3rd level qualification in Garment Design is ESSENTIAL.
- Good business acumen with the ability to assimilate and absorb a variety of product information.
- Multitasking and strong attention to details.
- Being targets and result driven.
- If you have not been contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- We accept spontaneous applications via email - do not hesitate to send us your CV, stating what kind of role you would be looking for.
- Please do not hesitate to regularly have a look at the Kerr Recruitment website for an overview of all our vacancies.