MySQL DBA / MySQL Database Administrator
Key Skills: DBA / Database Administrator / MYSQL / My SQL DBA / Bash Scripting / Automation / Linux / MY SQL Maintenance / Replication, Master-Slave & Master-Master
I'm currently looking to recruit a MySQL DBA for a client based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. They have office worldwide in London, Hyderabad, Atlanta, Dubai and Johannesburg. They currently have over 750 employees and are looking to expand throughout 2018. Their software covers complex business processes and customer touch points across mobile, digital and social media channels.
We're looking for a passionate MySQL DBA to work within a tech savvy and passionate team. Who all strive to be working on the latest and best technology available. You will be coming in to take ownership of their MySQL Database infrastructure. For this we are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Experience in Linux environment with understanding of the operating system.
- Linux shell scripting, Perl and knowledge of Python
- Experience with MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master
- Monitor and manage the environment ensuring high availability is maintained at all times
- Ensure that any issues related to HA/DR processes (Clustering, database mirroring, log shipping and transactional replication) are investigated and resolved
- Assist Development and other teams with database design/code reviews, database backups/restores and other activities
Key Skills for the MySQL DBA Position:
- MySQL 5.1 – 5.6
- MySQL database procedures/triggers
- MS SQL Server
- Replication / High Availability
- Linux/Unix scripting
The role does come with the flexibility of working from home up to three days a week. Along with a salary up to £55,000 depending on experience. Initial interviews have been set up for the week 29th January. If you could be interested please apply by sending your c.jaffer@x4group or call.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79355915