Head of Strategic Marketing - Higher & Vocational Education - Maternity Cover
We have a super new role for a Product/Marketing specialist to work for a leading educational publishing organisation on a 9-12 month maternity cover. The Head of Strategic Marketing sets marketing strategy and objectives for the organisation’s portfolio of Higher Education products and solutions, including print and digital components and services to support the HE and Vocational business. This position will work with their team to develop and execute the marketing plans across all the product lists and will work with counterparts in the US to implement US HE initiatives for the UK and EMEA markets.
This is a highly varied and responsible role within the department and responsibilities will include:
- Developing a solid understanding of learning markets’ dynamics and report to different stakeholders on opportunities and threats
- Work with stakeholders to translate market intelligence into practical product or market strategies aimed at achieving market objectives
- Translate marketing strategy and objectives into a cohesive marketing plan, addressing all subject areas, regions and sales channels
- Work with the marketing communications team to develop marketing campaigns aimed at increasing sales and awareness for front list titles and promotions for different channels
- Review and report on current market conditions and competitor activity
- Liaise with US colleagues and international branches
This is a highly responsible role within the team and the successful person will have demonstrable experience (around 5+ years) ideally in a Product management or Marketing role from the education market and/or from an educational publishing background, and will be well-versed in understanding marketing strategy and translating marketing plans. You will have strong financial analysis skills and the ability to contribute to product development in all its phases. You will manage 4 direct reports, therefore you will need to demonstrate strong people management skills and set team objectives and goals. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to anticipate market trends and translate insight into action.
If you think you can add value to this highly rewarding and interesting role, please forward your application, including salary expectations and availability and we will be happy to send you further information.