Engineering Project Manager (Industrial Plant) - South East
Engineering Project Manager (Industrial Plant) c£up to 55k + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3345
As an experienced engineering project manager from an industrial plant site, with a background in electrical engineering you will manage capital investment projects on the plant site As project manager with an electrical engineering background you will lead project teams on the plant site in the development of fit for purpose project solutions, incorporating -safety -best engineering practices and optimum business solutions.
As engineering project manager you will monitor and report on status of all CAPEX projects assigned by the Site Engineering Manager and manage and develop the Compliance Programme for low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) Electrical systems on the plant site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Electrical Standards and advise on personnel training requirements for electrical systems on the plant site.
- To provide a specialist expertise in project management.
- To advise and assist in the maintenance and procurement of equipment required for the implementation of each project.
- To liaise with external contacts concerning supply of equipment or problems with existing plant.
- Execute CAPEX projects on time and to budget.
- Keep abreast of technical developments in engineering solutions relevant to the company’s interests and activities.
- Assimilate knowledge of new installations and recommend spares requirements necessary to take over maintenance of new equipment.
- Be aware of the Company Policy Statement. This includes the Health and Safety Policy Statement, Environmental Policy and the Responsible Care Statement.
- Ensure the site safety procedures and standards are being followed.
- Fully briefs contractors’ on site with Company procedures, ensuring they fully comply with safety rules and that relevant permits are issued.
- Liaises with site personnel on planned shutdowns, project interruptions etc. to minimise disruption, requesting permits as required under Company procedures.
- Carry out risk assessments within area of responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree or professional qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Electrical background essential and knowledge of HV and LV systems.
- Minimum 5 years proven Project Management experience in the chemical, process or allied industries of engineering.
- Experience in COMAH designated sites is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of industrial plant and systems gained through several years in the chemical processing or related industry.
- Knowledge of project planning and budgeting tracking tools, and experience of project planning.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ3345