My Client situated in the heart of Dublin is seeking an experienced storage engineer for a 6 month contract with great daily rates available. The Storage Administrator is responsible for management of all centralized storage technologies. This technology includes Hitachi and NetApp environments, storage networks, NAS environments and all other technologies classified as a storage technology. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing and maintaining the company's storage-based systems and the deployment of these storage technologies
- Understanding business objectives and seeking ways to help the company meet these goals with storage technology
- Familiarity with backup technologies, methodologies and environments.
- Daily monitoring, support, maintenance, tuning and health checks of the corporate systems, networks, storage and infrastructure (both physical and virtual) in a very busy, rapidly growing, geographically distributed environment.
- Strong experience in storage administration, monitoring and performance measurement tools.
- Strong experience in design, implementation, clustering, replication, high availability, multi-pathing and performance tuning of enterprise storage solutions SAN/NAS.
- Strong experience in design, implementation, troubleshooting, high availability, performance tuning of virtual infrastructure.
- Strong experience in backup/restore operations with focus on network storage appliances.
- Excellent analytical, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a large scale environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is considered an asset.
- Professional certifications in network, system storage administration / systems security are a benefit
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your c.v below for immediate consideration.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com