Senior Accountant / Manager
Portfolio Manager - South West London
- Outstanding opportunity at a 3 Partner Practice in South West London
- Fantastic opportunity to work at a well established, reputable & highly regarded Accountancy Practice as a Portfolio Manager accountant based in South West London
My client is a 3 Partner, highly regarded Accountancy Practice based in South West London who are looking to strengthen their already established team with a Portfolio Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities for the Portfolio Manager
- Both in-house jobs and travelling to clients; the successful candidate must therefore be able to deal with clients and be able to solve problems on their own as much as possible.
- Preparing and reviewing full statutory accounts, complying with FRS102, and preparing monthly/quarterly management accounts with commentary for reports appropriate to that industry for review by partners and clients.
- Double entry bookkeeping.
- Communicating effectively with clients.
- Being responsible for a growing portfolio of clients and time budgets on each job, and ensuring the work is done within the set time, budgets and agreed deadlines.
- Being responsible for billing clients.
- Supervising and instructing staff, reviewing their work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Producing cash flow forecasts and preparing budgets, working to strict deadlines.
- Handling routine corporate tax computations following UK rules.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns; the successful candidate must have the ability to reconcile VAT returns back to the nominal ledger.
- Dealing with UK payroll and PAYE.
The ideal candidate for the Portfolio Manager in South West London:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel and at least a good working knowledge of Cloud Accounting software (Xero/QBO etc.) and SAGE Line 50 (the primary packages used)
- Be personable and approachable.
- Be a team player with initiative and drive.
- Be proactive.
- Have the desire to succeed and take on responsibility.
It is also expected that the ideal candidate has experience and knowledge in various accounting software. The ideal candidate must also be able to perform a critical review of management accounts.
The ideal candidate should possess at least 4 years' experience within a practice environment, and be able to demonstrate experience supervising and managing staff.
What's on offer?
£45,000 - £60,000