Payroller - ongoing temporary contract
Our established client is a successful and award winning company based in Somerset, they require a Payroll Officer to join their expanding organisation on an ongoing temporary basis. An immediate start is offered for this role.
The purpose of this role is to ensure high quality and efficient communications are maintained from the accounts department and to review and analyse systems and procedures with the goal of improving the efficiency of processing the weekly wages.
Duties to include;
- Maintaining all salaried employees payroll records
- Processing monthly payrolls and uploading salary information onto the system for circa 500 staff
- Processing director payrolls
- Implementing monthly payroll changes
- Overseeing salary sacrifice, child care vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Processing overtime from spread sheets liaising with site HR and managers to ensure that all payroll is correct
- Adding all new starters ensuring that all information is correct, working closely with central recruitment
- Processing leavers and producing P45’s
- Making online submissions as per the RTI legislation from HMRC
- Maintaining all company pension information, reporting the pension provider and payment to the pension scheme on a monthly basis
- Providing national statistics, salaries and wages information
- Covering all weekly payroll queries
- Holiday and sickness cover for the weekly payroll
- Maintaining the deductions from earnings spreadsheet
- Keeping up to date with all payroll information and legislation to ensure continued compliance
- Ad hoc weekly payroll reports for budgeting, hours worked and headcount
- Co-ordinating the payroll and function reconciling and sending year end returns to HMRC
- Balance sheet reconciliations for payroll and pensions related nominal codes
- To carry out any other tasks as required by the Central Management Accountant or Financial Controller
The successful candidate will require extensive payroll experience, a good numerical and academic level of education and good IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office). You will also require experience of liaising with departmental managers and dealing with Inland Revenue and resolving technical issues.
The ideal candidate will also have a positive attitude, be respectful towards others, be a conscientious individual who can demonstrate attention to detail and have the ability to work to deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.