Database Architect - RDBMS, NoSQL
Profectus Recruitment have x2 brand new positions for Database Architects to work for its leading Software client based in Reading, Berkshire.
The role is ultimately responsible for the architecture of our client’s database structure with both Cassandra and PostgreSQL (18 node Cassandra cluster, 10 node Postgres replicated environment) running on Centos 6.x/ 7.x. The role takes responsibility for the Hybrid data centre structure.
The client appreciates the successful candidate will not necessarily have exposure to all the tech stack within their business however fundamentally they are looking for someone with broad database knowledge with NoSQL architecture and RDBMS database technologies.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Data warehouse requiring aggregation/ consolidation. Take lead in data modelling for migration of primary DB architecture from Postgres to Cassandra. The migration effort will be strategically substantial and is seen as business critical as this is seen as essential to accomplishing our overall business plan to become one of the top 3 online gaming companies in the world.
- Mentor a junior DBA.
The potential candidate must have at least three years’ experience within a Database Architect role for a software development team/company or similar. The following skills and experience are required:
- Excellent comprehension and working experience with database architectural concepts
- Experience in management of high availability Production systems
- Strong *nix troubleshooting/ investigative techniques
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, Cassandra would be great but not essential
- Strong understanding of RDBMS database technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with data warehousing construction and architecture
- Database design and architectural migration, from monolithic to modular design
- Data modelling - significant experience in data migration tools, data shaping in preparation for use in data analytics and interrogation for performance monitoring and insight development
- Cassandra (distributed environment)
- Experience of ETL programming experience
- Replication technologies
- Leadership/ mentoring experience
As mentioned above the client appreciates the successful candidate will not necessarily have exposure to all the tech stack within their business however fundamentally they are looking for someone with broad database knowledge with NoSQL architecture and RDBMS database technologies.
The client is looking for someone who can start as soon as possible ideally well before Xmas but is willing to wait until January if necessary so if interested do please send your latest CV over ASAP!