Learning Support Assistant
Envision Education specialise in long term roles for Teaching Assistants, Nursery Nurses, SEN Teaching Assistants and many more roles.
** Learning Support Assistant
** Starting ASAP
** £60 - £80 daily rate
We are looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work for one of our excellent Secondary schools in Slough. The Learning Support Assistant’s (LSA) main role is to provide support for the pupil with a statement of Special Educational Needs. The LSA will ensure that the pupil can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Essential basic criteria:
- Excellent and fluent spoken and written English
- Experience (1 year +) and excellent knowledge of working with a UK Secondary School
- Calm and flexible approach to teaching
- Very familiar with the National Curriculum
- Holds a Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Supporting the teacher with delivering the National Curriculum
- Be involved in the planning and preparation of the day to day class activities
- Organised and maintain an inclusive learning environment both in the classroom and outside
- Motivate and encourage the pupil to have a go at activities they may be unsure of
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards
- Facilitate inclusion in small group or working one-to-one in activities with peers
- To work as part of the team to ensure that the well being and personal development of the pupil enhances their learning opportunities and life skills
- Fantastic rates of pay
- A temporary one year contract, leading to permanent
- Excellent support from Senior Staff
- Possibility of career progression
- Great transportation links
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.