Workshop & Production Manager
Job Title: Workshop & Production Manager
Have you ever wondered what it takes to support our armed forces?
My Client is a FTSE-100 Defence & Engineering company and is currently recruiting within their land division based in Leconfield and are interested in hearing from candidates with Manufacturing or Production management experience.
You will be responsible providing innovative and creative ideas to improve production and maintenance for a wide range of military platforms including armoured vehicles such as the Challenger Tank. You would be managing the workforce, completing all aspects of upskilling and mentorship while implementing cost saving strategies.
While this role is within the defence & engineering sector's applications from all managerial manufacturing or production areas will be welcomed.
- Relevant qualifications or apprenticeship
- Ability to prioritise
- 4+ years relevant managerial experience
- Enthusiastic nature
- Able to manage cultural change
- Process management
- Experience dealing with stakeholders and HR functions
- Ability to work within a team
- Shows drive enthusiasm and commitment
- Attention to detail
- Production or engineering background
- Engineering qualifications
What can we offer you?
- Excellent job security as demonstrated by our £20 billion order book
- Pension scheme with up to 8% employer contributions (variable)
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Professional subscription support
- Occupational Health services
- Career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our award winning Investors in People Gold award Learning & Development teams.
We are charged with the national maintenance programme to support to the entirety of the in-service armed forces across all classes of vessels. From feasibility analyse of engineering problems and solutions to fully incorporated design changes we support the entire design lifecycle.
Successful applicants will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market-leading organisation in an interesting workshop. For more information or to make an application please apply to this ad.