Administration Team Leader
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
This role will be based within our highly successful Major Projects Directorate under our highly Regional Investment Programme.
Manage and deliver a range of administration activities, providing flexible support to a business team to support the achievement of business activities, providing guidance and directing the work of other support staff.
Day to Day:
- Manage a number of administrative processes, to ensure that these are delivered in line with business requirements.
- Produce accurate and timely KPI reports for inclusion in higher level management reporting, to support effective management decision making.
- Produce reports, presentations and other documents, collating and analysing relevant information and statistics from identified sources to support others in the delivery of their business objectives.
- Monitor the performance of the team, ensuring all line management responsibilities are fulfilled, including performance management, attendance management and supporting staff in their ongoing development.
- Answer standard and non-standard enquiries, including those escalated by the team, and act as a point of contact internally and externally, providing information to stakeholders to support service delivery, customer service, and management decision making.
- Manage and deliver allocated project work, ensuring it is delivered in accordance with the brief.
- Proven good analytical skills and ability to manipulate data effectively and efficiently to support stakeholder needs.
- Proven ability to direct the work of others, and prioritise and manage own workflow to enable timely achievement of business objectives.
- Proven skills in communication
- Proven excellent skills using standard office software products to enable production and maintenance of a range of complex documents and spreadsheets
- Proven ability to effectively use more specialist software and IT to collate data and produce relevant reports
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/