Finance Accountant - (part qualified)
The opportunity to go further
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference to the millions of people who travel around the world. As a FinanceAccountant you’ll be joining a team that’s the driving force behind our people around the world, pushing our business forward and allowing these people to be the best they can be.
This role will be responsible for assisting with the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close for the Travelport group, the accounting for corporate entities, and ad hoc project work. This position will report into the Finance Manager Financial Reporting within the Controllership team and will require regular interaction with other Controllership team members, other internal finance teams, and the external auditors, along with the Director Financial Reporting.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year end close including coordinating with various team members in corporate and technical accounting as well as other finance teams, including treasury, tax, financial planning, and finance operations, in order to ensure timely and accurate reporting of results which are required to compile the Company’s Consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States
- Assist with the resolution of month end accounting issues
- Assist in preparation of supporting information and reconciliations for the Company’s external financial statements
- Assist in preparation of documentation for external auditors to support the audit of the Travelport financial results as part of the preparation of the Company’s Consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist in recording the journals for complex accounting transactions
- Responsible for accounting for certain treasury, corporate and administrative functions/costs each month
- Responsible for ensuring reconciliation of intercompany transactions across the group to ensure all imbalances are resolved
- Responsible for preparing month-end account reconciliations
- Assist monitoring adherence to the group close timetable
What kind of a person are we looking for?
- Position would suit a part qualified or recently qualified accountant (ACA, CA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA) or equivalent, with relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills considered essential, able to work within a team as well as other finance teams
- Successful candidate will be highly motivated and keen to both identify issues and to take responsibility for seeing them through to resolution
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Oracle Financials and Hyperion considered to be a benefit but is not essential.
This is a genuine chance to develop your career and your skills with a business that cares about its people and a culture where your voice will be heard.
In return we are offering a very competitive base salary plus bonus plus many other benefits.
Take the opportunity to go further by clicking the link below and applying via our careers website.