Senior Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer / Geologist
Job Title: Senior | Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Salary: £32K - £42K
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior or Principal level Geo-Environmental Engineer with experience working as a consultant, to take up a senior role in a very successful land group.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the investigation and qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessment of land contamination, understand current and emerging best practice relating to brownfield land, have a good understanding of engineering geology and geotechnical parameterisation of ground conditions for a range of projects including property, transport and infrastructure developments. Your experience should be applicable to a wide range of environments across the UK.
1. A strong academic background with good academic qualifications - as a minimum first degree in geology or geography or related scientific subject. A second degree in geology or with a large component of engineering geological sciences is desirable.
2. Working towards or achieved chartered status with a relevant body (CGeol, CEnv, CEng or CIWEM).
3. Excellent technical experience in brownfield land, site investigation and geotechnical parameterisation.
4. Able to undertake Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Site Investigations (with experience of a range of site investigation techniques), Remediation Strategies, Earthworks Specifications and Verification Reports.
5. Good report writing skills including the ability to self-check and to produce high quality and accurate work. Reports would include factual and interpretative reports including generic qualitative/ quantitative risk assessments, engineering parametrisation and geotechnical design.
6. Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes of practice and industry standards and have an understanding of relevant legislation.
7. Knowledge and experience of a range of risk management and remediation techniques.
8. Demonstrate experience of working on wider environmental projects such as land use planning and environment impact assessment, mineral extraction and landfill assessments.
9. In depth understanding of Health and Safety requirements including CDM 2015.
10. Able to support senior management with bid preparation.
11. Able to check work of more junior members of the team.
12. Able to manage projects - staff, resources, financial, commercial aspects.
13. Excellent client management skills.
14. Ability to travel throughout the UK
15. Full UK driving licence.
16. Legal right to work in the UK
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.