Highly regarded organisation based in Falmouth, Cornwall is looking to recruit a permanent Procurement Manager.
Overall purpose of job: Develop the company's purchasing plan to ensure timely achievement of cost savings, introduction of new components and continued improvements to supplier performance. To manage, lead and motivate direct team members in the achievement of the Materials Department aims and objectives
Main duties and responsibilities
- To develop raw material category strategies and sourcing cost reduction plans
- To negotiate and maintain contractual arrangements with external suppliers
- To liaise with internal and external customers thus ensuring the timely supply of components or services.
- To monitor and continually improve purchase items and category costs.
- To continually improve quality and delivery performance of agreed suppliers and categories in conjunction with the Materials Department team and other key stakeholders.
- To participate proactively in the Product Development Team and to champion the requirements of the Materials & Production Department's in the development of new product designs.
- To authorise and approve Engineering Change Order, facilitate implementation of change/ new item and determine effective date.
- To facilitate supplier contributions to new Watson Marlow product designs.
- To facilitate the introduction of new potential suppliers whilst maintaining the strategy of reducing the supplier database through consolidation and leverage programmes.
- To co-ordinate the phasing in of new and out of old products with minimum disruption to supply.
- To maintain supplier data, including pricing, contracts, review meeting schedules and relevant up-to-date supplier quality information.
- To ensure appropriate specifications are supplied to suppliers in support of purchase orders
- To manage tooling contracts where appropriate and subsequent maintenance thereof.
- To supervise agreed categories of spend with defined suppliers and resultant projects to ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
- To maintain planning data to contribute to the target of 100% product on-time delivery.
- To supervise, lead and motivate direct reporting team members to contribute to the overall aims and objectives of the Materials Department and those of the company .
- To undertake annual & regular appraisal reviews of direct reporting team members.
- To deputise for the Materials Manager in times of absence.