Test Engineer | Sheffield | £40,000
Your new company
Does ensuring digital products key to the financial well-being of millions of UK citizens are the best they can be sound enticing? One of the world's largest financial services organisations, with a laser focus on customer experience and quality, delivered with an Agile mind-set.
Your new role
You'll be working in a scrum team of experts, including developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designers to create brand new experiences and deliver small, value driven enhancements often.
As a Test Engineer within the API team, you shall test and maintain the RESTful APIs that underpin both ours and our partners' digital apps.
You'll sustain our culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective, ensuring that:
- Platform quality standards & processes support test quality
- When the code goes in to production it is of a high quality
- Code changes only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed
- Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Only design, build and test software that is cloud ready
- Frequently deliver high value features to our customers
- Focus on delivering great stuff
You'll be responsible for:
- Delivering high quality testing through modern engineering techniques such as Test Driven Development / Behaviour Driven Development, Automation, Service Virtualisation
- Defining Feature Files and implementing step definitions using Java, Cucumber
- Supporting the definition of the future platform operating model and provide input into the Test resources, processes and standards required
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of automation testing in a professional TDD / BDD environment
- Knowledge of Cucumber, Selenium and Java
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.