Lecturer in Mathematics
We have an opportunity for a Lecturer in Mathematics to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury Campuses working 25.9 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. You will receive a competitive salary of pro rata of £20,671 - £36,287 per annum (i.e. £14,469.70 - £25,400.90).
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Lecturer in Mathematics, you will undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
Key Responsibilities as our Lecturer in Mathematics:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Undertake the delivery of Functional Skills.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration Functional Skills development and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in Mathematics:
- Have or be willing to work towards a PGCE (or equivalent teaching qualification)
- Must hold a level 3 (or above) qualification in a Mathematics related subject
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Mathematics related subject is highly desirable
- Able to inspire and motivate students through delivery of a high quality learning experience
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 8 February 2018
Interview date: 7 March 2018
Newly qualified graduates, teachers, or candidates looking for a career change from a Mathematics related profession are welcome to apply
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Mathematics, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.