Assistant Financial Reporting Accountant
Simpson Judge are working with a leading company who are looking to recruit for an Assistant Financial Reporting Accountant.
You will report into the Financial Controller; Treasury & Reporting and sit within an expanding Financial Reporting and Control team. The role will work closely with a number of teams within the business including Contract and Corporate Senior Management Teams, IT, Bidding, as well as external parties such as the companies banks and credit card providers.
- Provide financial information and support at Corporate level.
- Provide comprehensive, high quality analysis to aid and support business decision making.
- Ensure internal controls are adequately maintained.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and accounting standards / practice.
- Work with the Corporate Finance Team in the production of monthly management accounts and other financial information to Corporate deadlines.
- Undertake maintenance and control of accounting systems.
- Analysis work and detailed review of the Company’s profit and loss nominal accounts on a monthly basis
- Assistance in the preparation and reporting of monthly Management Accounts & Group reporting packs
- Assistance in the consolidation of the division monthly Management Accounts;
- Assistance in the preparation of the weekly cash flow forecasts for submission to Group Treasury;
- Analysis of company data to assist with various requirements as and when needed;
- Assistance with reporting to the Group and management of related company balances;
- Assist in providing efficiencies in the reporting models and analysis templates used by the business for analysing data;
- Assistance in the analysis and preparation of the month end corporate management accounts to report to senior management;
- Assist in the maintenance and control of accounting systems via journal entries and regular balance sheet reconciliations reviews;
- Maintenance of controls in accordance with financial processes and procedures;
- Maintenance of logical and complete records of all Finance documents;
- Assist the Head of Finance on any current and future business projects and initiatives.
- Effective time management to ensure objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
- VERY Strong IT skills in particular Excel and Spreadsheets and including Microsoft Word and Computerised Accounting Systems.
- Good communicator, both verbal and written.
- Personal drive and commitment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Collaborative and committed to team working.
- Technically competent and well versed in double entry bookkeeping and financial reporting principles.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapid change.
You will be offered a competitive starting salary and a generous package - including study support!