Management Accountant- 12 month FTC
Management Accountant - Maternity Cover
Based in Silsoe, Buckinghamshire, our client is a market leading and friendly company looking for a Management Accountant to join their team on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract, covering Maternity leave.
This job would suit an AAT or qualified by experience Accountant with a background in all-round accounting positions including management accounts. You will be responsible for preparing monthly accounts for two entities as well as the consolidated group accounts. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing the year-end accounts as well as managing the subsequent audit alongside the external Accountants.
The successful individual will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Strong Excel skills are essential and experience with Pivot tables and V lookups would be ideal. Good knowledge of VAT rules and procedures is also vital and experience with Sage 50 is preferable.
Duties will include:
- Coding and processing purchase and sales invoices
- Checking and processing expense claims
- Two payment runs per month - one for commission and one for overheads. Includes both preparing and making payments
- Running monthly commission statements and emailing to intermediaries
- Processing monthly foreign exchange deals (Sterling, Euro, US Dollar, Swiss Franc and Singapore Dollars)
- Bank, credit card and petty cash posting and reconciliation
- Monthly cash flow reconciliation
- Detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly payroll, accrual and prepayment journals
- Produce, review and analyse monthly management accounts (comprising full profit & loss account and balance sheet for LLP and Limited company, as well as consolidated group accounts)
- Detailed monthly analysis of all commission income and expenditure
- Reporting management accounts to CEO and Partners on a quarterly basis
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns under partial exemption rules
- Quarterly FCA compliance reporting, which requires estimations for the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Preparation of year end accounts file for external auditors
- Audit management and liaison
- Review and approval of the statutory accounts and tax computation prepared by Auditors
For more information about this role or any other Management Accountant jobs in Silsoe, Buckinghamshire please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability