Technical Test Engineer
Technical Test Engineer
Manchester City Centre
£28,000pa to £36,000pa
- 25+8 days' holiday
- A company mobile phone with airtime,
- Professional training and qualifications,
- Free fruit and regular social events.
- Company Bonus & Incentives
Candidates have to be ISTQB certified Experience of agile testing environment is essential Experience of automation (scripting automated tests)
Due to the security requirements of projects undertaken, candidates must be a UK citizen or an EU citizen with indefinite leave to remain.
- Candidates have to be ISTQB certified
- Experience of agile testing environment is essential
- Experience of automation (scripting automated tests)
Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance. Small team with scope to grow considerably.
9-5 with 1 hour lunch. Mon-Fri
An innovative software development company based in Manchester City Centre that focuses on public sector financial applications & software products.
We are looking for Technical Test Engineers who will ideally have between 2 to 3 years commercial experience testing Web applications, attained a minimum of ISTQB Certified Foundation Level and Agile Tester Extension qualifications. They will have solid experience implementing test automation frameworks and an excellent understanding of Quality Assurance processes, to work with a multi-disciplined Agile Development team on internal and external client projects.
The Technical Test Engineer will be an integral member of the Quality Assurance Team, reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance. They will apply their expertise to ensure new and existing software meets the required standards defined in the Organisational Quality Assurance Policy plus implementing automated solutions to streamline Test Execution activities.
We develop new software and performs maintenance activities, ensuring any defects are fixed or required features are implemented. The expertise of the Technical Test Engineer will be deployed across both new development and maintenance of existing software.
To achieve this, the Technical Test Engineer shall assume the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a multi-disciplined Agile Development Team;
- Attend Sprint Planning meetings, challenging unclear User Stories with the Product Owner, agreeing Acceptance Criteria and providing estimates for test related activities;
- Perform Static testing on any documentation that shall be used as a basis for testing;
- Write Test Plans for scheduled Releases to be delivered mid-Sprint;
- Perform Test Analysis and Design, identifying Test Scenarios and Test Cases from a variety of sources including code, User Stories, release notes and working closely with the Product Owner and Developers;
- Implement manual and automated Test Cases in the 'Zephyr for JIRA’ Test Case Management tool;
- Accurately record the results of both manual and automated Test Cases, utilising the ZAPI plugin to record the results of automated tests in Zephyr;
- Perform a variety of functional and non-functional testing including:
- Smoke testing, Functional, Exploratory, System Integration, Regression, Performance, Accessibility, Portability Testing across both desktop and mobile browsers, Security (WASA, Penetration testing), Usability
- Raise and track Defect progress in JIRA through to closure;
- Run Defect Triage meetings with the Development team to effectively review, prioritise and assign open defects;
- Provide clear, concise updates during daily stand-up meetings following the standard reporting format
- Report on Test Execution progress and escalating any risks or issues to the Head of Quality Assurance;
- Develop and maintain a Test Automation Framework to accommodate for testing types which can be partially or fully automated;
- Work closely with the Development team to incorporate automated tests to the Continuous Integration build process.
Essential requirements for the role of Technical Test Engineer are as follows:
• Good experience of working on Agile projects;
• Flexible with the ability to work on multiple client projects;
• Good knowledge of Java, Web applications, UX, Accessibility, performance and security;
• Experience of reviewing test basis documentation;
• Experience of Functional, Exploratory and Regression testing;
• Ability to identify Test Scenarios and Cases from multiple test basis documentation and source code;
• Ability to communicate and understand programming concepts with Software Developers;
• Good understanding and practical experience of automated and manual testing processes;
• Practical experience of developing automated testing frameworks in Selenium;
• Good knowledge and experience using the Test Management Tools;
• Good knowledge and experience of Defect Management Tools;
• Experience of integrating automated tests with Test Management Tools to record results;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Good time management and prioritisation skills;
• Self-starter and active learner;
• Ability to methodically analyse, challenge and communicate test results;
• Ability to deliver and complete test activities within project milestones.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience and learn new skills on medium and large scale projects.