Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: Age dependant
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Tippers are the Midlands' leading building merchant`s suppliers. We've been in business as Builders Merchants since 1916 - so we know our business!
Tippers have 10 branches across the Midlands which stock a vast array of products from luxury kitchens and bathrooms to timber and insulation.
We are looking to recruit an IT apprentice, based at our Lichfield branch, to join our apprentice programme.
Overall Scope of Position
- Support the IT Manager in the day to day running of IT for the Company.
- Provide support to colleagues as the first point of contact within an IT Helpdesk capacity.
- Take responsibility for Sales/Purchase order processing.
- Ensure telephone system extensions are regularly updated and access call recording software, as required.
- Liaise with suppliers to gather quotations for new/replacement hardware and software, as required.
- Access Company CCTV and download footage, as required.
- Visit all branch locations to diagnose/rectify faults and provide IT support.
- Set up new devices and thin clients ready to be issued to staff.
- Assist with stock counting and maintain the stock on the in house system.
- Provide reports to Company Directors, as required.
- An interest in IT and a desire to work in a busy environment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Can work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to manage work load and work to deadlines.
- A smart appearance.
The above job description is designed to indicate the general scope of the role and will be subject to periodic review and amendments.
If you would like to be part of this professional, friendly company click on "APPLY" today and send an up to date copy of your CV for our consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please!