Technical Specification Designer
Our client, are currently seeking to appoint a Technical Specification Designer to join their technical team. Industry leaders in the design and manufacture of rooflights, famed for their bespoke designs and conservation focussed innovation based in rural Oxfordshire.
As well as their award winning products and designs they take a great pride in their people and their team. Every one of their 70 employees, plays an integral part in the success of the business, contributing their views and opinions to form a unique set of company values and a shared vision for the wellbeing of the business. This family owned business achieved Investors in People Silver Award, West Oxfordshire Business Awards Employer of the Year and 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies list. The high level of genuine collaboration and empowerment of their people, results in a high degree of staff retention and a real energy and enthusiasm in their teams.
This means that anyone joining this organisation must be of like mind and prepared to absorb and drive the core values of the organisation in every area of their work. Commitment to the company culture and way or working will be considered in equal measure alongside a candidates’ professional skills and experience.
The purpose of the role:
- Working on incoming customer enquiries, undertake the design and development of feasible bespoke rooflight solutions to customer specifications, producing high quality visuals and drawings
- Deliver exceptional customer service with key Architects and Contractors by developing and presenting technical design solutions
- Work closely with the Sales Team to identify key products and pro-actively arrange meetings with our architects and contractors to ensure specification of our products
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design and Develop rooflight and roof window product ranges for one-off projects to meet the customer requirements
- Liaise with our supply chain and other suppliers and Manufacturers to develop a wide range of bespoke technical solutions
- Undertake simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping where required to ensure products are fit for purpose
- Produce high quality renders and drawings for presentation
- Attend site meetings with our Architects and Contractors to actively promote customer relationships where required
- To ensure a professional and speedy response to customer queries
- To be responsible for managing own workload in order to meet agreed deadlines
- In consultation with the Design Studio Manager identify and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures through continuous improvement
- Support the Bespoke Design Team on other design projects as and when required
- To work within the values and procedures of the company quality system
- To demonstrate integrity, care, empowerment and unity
Key skills and Attributes
- Educated to Degree level within a related subject such as Product Design Industrial Design or similar
- Demonstrable experience working within a similar Design focused role for a technical/ specialist product company
- Previous experience with using 3D CAD such as Solidworks or similar
- The ability to communicate confidently with customers and offer an outstanding service is essential
- Ideally some knowledge/ understanding of sheet metal fabrication would be very beneficial
- Also previous experience of working with Architects and Contractors would also be highly desirable
- Competent IT skills in MS office such as word, excel and outlook
- A solutions-based approach with excellent problem solving skills and confident in thinking outside of the box
- Strong sketching skills would be advantageous too
- Teamwork and co-operation , develops good working relationships with other teams, company members and customers alike
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure and progress projects under own initiative
- Able to demonstrate cause and effect thinking, maturity and a practical aptitude
If you would like to hear more about this amazing opportunity to be employed in a genuine values and people focussed workplace, then please send us your CV today along with a covering letter about why this culture and environment appeals to you. To apply we kindly ask that you forward your CV along with a supporting covering letter and some examples of your design work today.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!