UK Group FC
Your new company
An impressive, dynamic company in the UK. With numerous sites in superb locations across the UK plus an excellent team member care and reward programme, supporting progression and development. They operate numerous large sites across the UK and have ambition growth plans for the next 5 years.
Your new role
The Group Financial Controller role involves a range of duties, including ensuring that all accounting records are prepared accurately, timely, informatively and in line with all Company policies reflecting statutory compliance. The Group Financial Controller will coach, guide and support site Financial Controllers to produce quality data, provide financial support and guidance to the General Managers.
Reporting to the Finance Director the Group Financial Controller will contribute to the business by providing appropriately informative and well-presented information to the team to assist in future forecasting and budgeting. Reviewing and challenging the accuracy of forecasts and other financial information the Group Financial Controller will ensure accuracy and adherence to company policy and statutory compliance. A key part of the central finance team you will work closely with all sites and finance teams promoting the Company purpose, values and behaviours at all times.
What you'll need to succeed
Key Accountabilities of the Group Financial Controller role are:
* Team Development and leadership
* Financial Reporting
* To support Group Management Accountant on all financial systems
* Financial control : developing the finance S.O.P.'s and completing internal audits on all
* Budget management including the management of the hotel budgetary process including variance analysis by brand, property size and comparable indicators.
* Financial modelling & planning including preparing diverse feasibilities and quarterly ROI's analysis for key investments
* Statutory requirements & compliance needs including supporting and executing all legal compliance, principally but not limited to PCI and data protection compliance.
* Leading and supporting business growth including supporting with acquisitions and the smooth integration of new acquisitions or disposals from an operational finance perspective
Key Personal Attributes
To join the group they need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Group Financial Controller role include:
* Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the team.
* Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
* Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
* Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
* Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
* Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
* Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement.
The successful applicant must have previous proven experience as a Financial Controller in a similar industry (property/hospitality/tourism/leisure/retail). With all round proven experience in finance, including budgeting, forecasting and production of period end accounts, the successful applicant will be able to communicate at all levels, possess strong interpersonal skills, an analytical ability and a good instinct for business and effective leadership skills.
What you'll get in return
Salary £70-75k + Car + Mobile + Laptop + Benefits (Pension/Private medical)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.