Employment Law Adviser
Are you looking to further develop your HR and employment law career within an innovative legal setting?
Do you enjoy autonomy and having an input into the way you work?
This role may suit you if you have experience as an HR and Employment Law Adviser, HR Advisor or Employment Lawyer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our successful Employment department. You’ll be a key member of our small, cohesive team, who manage their own case loads and enjoy high levels of direct client contact from the outset.
The key focus of the role will be to provide HR and Employment advice to a broad range of SME clients. Working with an existing and growing portfolio of repeat clients, you’ll get to know your contacts well and will act as a trusted adviser to MD’s, FDs and HR support staff across a variety of industry sectors.
- Acting as the main point of contact for a broad range of non contentious HR and Employment Law queries, mainly by telephone and email and occasionally face to face
- Providing legally compliant and commercially focussed advice on a range of queries including absence management, discipline and grievance, HR Policy and process
- Taking initial instructions and drafting HR and Employment related documents
- Carrying out audits on existing HR and Employment documentation to ensure compliance and best practice
You’ll work directly with our Head of Department, who is keen to encourage, mentor and develop talent. Opportunities may arise for further involvement in technical Employment Law queries and special projects for the right candidate.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced Employment Law and HR Adviser/ Lawyer, who is able to provide practical and commercially astute solutions to a varied client base
- Law degree/ CILEx/ CIPD qualification ideal but not essential
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Highly effective communicator at all levels
- Strong team player who is able to work at fast pace
- IT Literate with case management experience ideally
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus schemes
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Discounted legal services
- Discounted gym membership
- Long service awards
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Regular company wide social and charity events
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships
- Free tea, coffee and a subsidised 'frothy coffee machine’
Please note: Some benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
No recruitment agencies please