PR Account Manager - Food and Drink accounts
Our client is an independent full-service agency, specialising in the food and drink market. They provide compelling and strategically led creative campaigns, working with clients across marcomms, digital, PR and social media.
This is a dynamic and vibrant agency that will provide a great opportunity for the right candidate who is eager to progress, as well as work within a fun and passionate team.
The role of PR Account Manager requires an individual who is proactive, highly organised, self-motivated, a creative thinker with strong writing skills and a real team player. The successful applicant will work as part of the PR Department on a number of different clients within an existing account team, and will report directly to the Account Director.
The PR Account Manager acts as a critical link between the client and the agency. Taking a strategic lead from the Account Director the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of their clients’ press office, social media and bespoke project work, while dealing with day-to-day responsibilities.
To work with an account team including a director and exec, the role will include:
- Acting as a day-to-day point of contact for dedicated accounts
- Campaign strategy, planning and implementation with AD
- Daily press office management
- Copywriting - press releases, features, newsletters and blogs
- Managing projects with support of account executive, and where required alongside marcomms
- Chairing, planning and attending meetings
- Managing social media accounts
- Managing account group workflow
- Creating annual client plans (with AD)
- Proposal writing and presenting
- Managing existing client growth/new business
- Reporting/reviewing (or delegation of)
- Annual and ongoing budget planning
- Managing/motivating AE
- Developing industry contacts/relationships including journalists
- Supporting the AD with new business proposals where applicable
The ideal candidate should have a passion for food and be able to quickly fit into the agency and hit the ground running in the role.
You should possess:
- Experience in a similar client facing and project management role with some proven success under your belt
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Good networking and people skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems and think creatively
- Foodservice knowledge/experience desirable but not essential
Salary commensurate with experience and industry benchmarked.