St Phillips, Bristol
£28,000 to £33,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday
This year, our client celebrates 28 years designing and manufacturing quality medical training products for healthcare professionals. The company headquarters is based in Bristol, England, with subsidiary offices in the USA, Australia and Sweden. Our products are also sold throughout the rest of the world using an expanding network of over 80 distributors. They have grown significantly in the last decade and has received a range of awards.
The Tooling Engineer specialises in creating tooling solutions for Silicone and PU foam moulding as well as Jigs & Fixtures for new and existing production needs.
You will develop Tooling Design Solutions to support various processing techniques from R&D through to volume component manufacture as well as revamping tooling standards to reduce production costs and researching new tooling concepts.
The Tooling Engineer is responsible for every detail of the tooling design and development process. This is central to Continuous Improvement initiatives and FMEA creation and management.
An essential part of this role is project scheduling, ensuring that trials of new tools and processes are carried out to agreed time lines and projects are completed on time.
The role holder will collaborate with manufacturing and design teams, evaluating and validating products after design changes.
The Tooling Engineer will be expected to work with management teams to develop standards for new product development as well as specify and oversee sub-contract tooling design and manufacture where required.
To be considered for the Tooling Engineer role, you will have 7 to 10 years’ experience in an injection tooling design facility. You will hold an Engineering Degree or you will have completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of silicone rubber processing.
Excellent technical skills are a vital asset for Tooling Engineers, and your skills and knowledge should include:
- Schematic diagram creation along with full Engineering Drawings.
- Relevant technical skills and knowledge should include, but not be limited to, 3D Solid Modelling, SolidWorks, FEA and Mould Flow Analysis, Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma or Lean) and excellent Microsoft Office suite skills including MS project.
- A good understanding of Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Experience of using SolidWorks Vault (PDM) would be an advantage although not essential.
- Strong project / program management abilities in order to effectively develop systems or oversee personnel.
- A working knowledge of ERP systems.
- In-depth knowledge of small to large-scale production and manufacturing.
Tooling Engineer Benefits
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you feel you have got what it takes for the Tooling Engineer position, please apply now with your CV with a covering letter telling us why you consider yourself suitable for the role.
No agencies please
Tooling Engineer, Tooling Technician.