Commercial Finance Director
This role will be a key asset of the Company. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this is a dynamic, critical and forward looking position within the Company. The reporting will also include dotted lines to MDs, senior managers and C-suite to enhance business partnering and decision making processes across the Company.
This individual will be leading the planning, forecasting and analysis function and will deliver the Company's financial monthly and quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. They will provide financial consulting and support to senior management including preparing financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the operational and analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making.
- Play key role in the annual planning process together with monthly/quarterly forecasting and reporting
- Provide critical partnership to the business units
- Develop detailed business reporting, presentations and analysis
- Analyse trends in the business each month and produce detailed reports
- Provide additional business analysis to the business partners to ensure that they have the required added value information to enable them to drive towards the plan goals
- Develop 'big picture' overview of business model and market standing
- Provide support and guidance to plan holders
- Create a cohesive narrative in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner.
- Strong academics including bachelor's degree in a numeric discipline
- Accountancy Qualification (ACA, or CIMA)
- Experience with financial modelling is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong organisational, planning, quantitative and problem solving skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- Strong commercial acumen