BI Developer / SQL Server SSIS / Tableau
Job Title: BI Developer / SQL Server SSIS / Tableau
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + bonus + benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced BI Developer with my client based in Avonmouth, Bristol. My client are a leading high end manufacturing and distribution business who are recognised as market leaders in their field.
Due to continued growth and a major investment back into their Data warehousing and Business Intelligence function they are looking to recruit and experienced BI Developer to join their team based in Avonmouth, Bristol. This role reports into the BI Manager and will be a key member of the team helping to develop their Business Intelligence solutions and expanding their Data Warehouse. Technology wise they are looking for candidates with a Microsoft bias, strong SQL Server experience and a proven track record with the Microsoft BI suite of tools, T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
- Working with IT colleagues and through collaboration with business stakeholders, help define and deliver best practices for reporting, analytics, data transformation and business intelligence landscape throughout the business
- Contribute to the development of business intelligence tools and systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or other outputs
- Work with business users to document specification for business information requirements and design solutions to fulfil these needs in a timely and effective way
- When required, provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or any aspect of the BI landscape
- Provide support documentation to colleges and end users to assist with the sharing of knowledge, providing training and upskilling as is required. Maintain a library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Conduct or coordinate testing and analysis to ensure that business data is consistent with the defined needs
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of BI, Reporting, data warehouse deployment and maintenance
- Proven SQL/BI Development skills including T-SQL and Query Optimisation
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft BI stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Tableau Desktop (desirable)
- Experience working with a source control application such as Team Foundation Server - desirable but not essential.
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of database systems
- Experience in optimizing existing and new database solutions, database performance resolution and other database architecture issues
- Ability to demonstrate analytical Business Intelligence skills within a business environment
- Experience in information related process mapping, gap analysis and creating information requirements specifications
- Proven strong prioritisation and communication skills
If you are interested in the applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.