PHP Developer required for an award winning, Wokingham based Finance Software House. This is an excellent opportunity for a PHP Developer who has high quality coding skills combined with the ability to understand the needs of the business. He or she will communicate well with colleagues, have great attention to detail and be able to turn requests / instructions into excellent code. They will have enthusiasm and be keen to develop their skills further.
The PHP Developer will be joining a company that puts its customers at the heart of everything that they do. They listen to their clients and deliver what they want in software upgrades. They are able to do this, as they have excellent employees who are really appreciated, well-rewarded and motivated to share the passion for quality. The company has grown fantastically over the last few years and has recently moved into new offices. The atmosphere / corporate culture is one that encourages people to grow.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours of the PHP Developer
- At least 3 years commercial experience with object orientated PHP (PHP 5.6 and PHP 7).
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc…
- Experience of working with Apache2
- Working knowledge of Linux, able to configure a webserver
- Experience of version control (SVN + Git)
- Experience designing and consuming APIs (Both XML and JSON)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver testable, well documented, maintainable code
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and to organise time efficiently
- Ability to understand and develop complex business logic
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to see simple solutions from complex problems
Desirable skills, Qualifications and Behaviours of the PHP Developer
- Experience in MVC PHP frameworks would be desirable (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, etc…)
- Experience working with AWS
- Basic understanding of image manipulation tools such as Photoshop and GIMP
- Previous experience working with ticket tracking software i.e. JIRA, YouTrack, etc…
- Exposure to other languages (Bash, C++, Perl, etc…) would be beneficial
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
Salary: £25K to £35K
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Please make your application for this role directly to Rainford Berry Ltd.