Youth Tutor Essential Skills
Our client, a growing and prestigious Training Provider in Wales are recruiting for an experienced, passionate and creative Youth Tutor to join a dynamic team based in Cardiff.
You will provide an Essential Skills framework to learners, ensuring the attainment of positive outcomes through the delivery of classroom and vocational assessment and training.
- Conduct initial interviews including assessment activities with learners using a range of tools
- Plan the learning and assessment process with learners, observing and recording assessments
- Complete and maintain accurate records including the 'Individual Learning Plan'
- Deliver sessions which include direct teaching and the use of a variety of teaching strategies
- Delivery of both classroom and placement based teaching and assessment
- Provide focused support to those learners who are pre-entry level, or may have specific learning needs
- Working closely with the learners' learning coach to identify progression opportunities
- Completion of all training and learner related documentation and paperwork
- Maintaining good working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Contacting learners who fail to attend placements or centre training, tracking attendance
Qualified or with the potential and willingness to work towards
- CAVA qualification or equivalent qualification
- ESW Communication Level 2
- AON Level 2
- Relevant training experience and qualification(s)
- Experience of working with young people
- Occupational Experience / Knowledge within Customer Service & Business Admin
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of training industry
- Flexible in approach
- Enthusiastic and passionate
The company offer an excellent working environment, strong benefits and opportunity to develop a long term career.