Tax, Global Employer Services - Payroll Consultant (CIPP)
GMC Payroll is a specialist payroll team in the Global Employer Services group providing a range of payroll compliance and advisory services as part of a fully managed offering across our client portfolio which spans all industries. We are looking for a fixed term contractor to play a key role in this team, building upon the success we’ve had in this space to date.
The main purpose of the role involves providing a comprehensive payroll service to a varied client portfolio, and developing the team in line with GMC strategy. You will put your CIPP qualification to good use and be an instrumental part of the team.Location
The role can be based out of either our Bristol or Reading offices.Hours
The position is a full time role for a 12 month fixed term contract. We are open to considering agile and flexible working arrangements in line with business need.Responsibilities
- Managing a portfolio of expatriate/local payrolls using Star Payroll Professional software
- Review of payrolls prepared by other team members
- Preparation of payroll journals and bespoke pension reports using excel
- Dealing with payroll queries raised by internal and external client contacts and initiating the appropriate action to ensure that queries can be resolved speedily
- Providing technical assistance and mentoring to junior members of the payroll team
- Dealing with year-end routines including P11Ds
- Setting up of payrolls for new clients, including transition from previous provider and dealing with HMRC and third party correspondence including PAYE registration
- Attending client meetings with both existing and prospective clients
- Providing assistance with responses to requests for proposals for prospective clients
- Full portfolio management, including billing
- A CIPP qualification is essential
- Experience of payroll highly ideal
- Competency with Excel up to V-Look Up and Pivot Table standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Approachable and well-adjusted to working in a team environment
- Committed to an excellent standard of customer service
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This role will be essential to the ongoing capability of our Payroll function. You will quickly make an impact on clients and will put your skills to excellent use, fulfilling Deloitte’s strategy in this space.What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 143119