Group Tax Accountant
Group Tax Accountant
£45,000 - £48,000 PA + 10% Bonus + Benefits
The Finance and Accounting Division of SF Group are recruiting for a Group Tax Accountant to join a large player within the construction industry based in Leicestershire. This is a newly created role due to increase work load from a group merge. They are looking for someone that will easily fit in to a small team and get up and running quickly. This is an opportunity to work freely within a great team environment to push the boundaries of your skills.
Reporting to the Group Tax Manager, this opportunity will suit a CTA qualified tax adviser and accountant who is hard working, motivated and able to work using their own initiative. You will also have excellent communication skills and be confident of building relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
The Group Tax Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the UK corporation tax returns, and management of the tax compliance process, including group relief allocations
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual current and deferred tax reporting provisions and disclosures under IFRS for group purposes and under FRS102 for inclusion in UK statutory financial statements
- Preparing quarterly instalment payment (QIPs) calculations
- Working with auditors, finance controllers and supporting group tax colleagues and coordinating tax risks identified within the Group's businesses, and reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Helping to maintain SAO documentation and processes and the Group's relationship with HMRC
- Partnering and supporting the divisional finance teams on the tax implications of proposed business strategies
- Preparation of the group VAT return, assisted by group tax colleagues
- Providing accurate and timely submission of the Intrastat and EC Sales submissions
- Communication and management of various VAT reliefs for disabled persons exports and new builds etc. with branch network and customers
- Assisting the business in providing support in other tax areas including; Registered Dealer in Controlled Oils (RDCO), Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), Research and Development Expenditure Credits (RDEC)
- Assisting in ad hoc tax and accounting projects
The Group Tax Accountant will:
- Be able to demonstrate how and when he/she has completed the above responsibilities previously
- Have an accounting and/or tax qualification, a strong academic background and a proven track record gained from a professional services firm or large corporate
- Must be a good communicator, technically strong and capable of influencing at all levels
- A self starter with robust planning and organisation skills, the successful applicant will also possess a high level of IT competency
What is in it for the Group Tax Accountant?
- Good working environment
- Competitive Salary
- 15% bonus scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to I can also be contacted directly on .
SF Group specialise in Finance and Accounting, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK.