Promotions and Pricing Executive
Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for groceries. Unlike old-fashioned supermarkets, we don't rely upon a network of large chain superstores, but a 'centralised distribution' or 'warehouse-based' business model. We depend on innovative technology driven solutions to deliver our world class service. We're still growing fast, so we're always on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace.
The primary purpose of the Promotions and Pricing Executive role is to take overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of price and promotions, working closely with the Buying team to ensure we deliver the Tesco Price Match promise on all products inclusive of Ocado own brand items In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that Ocado retains its competitive position amongst High Street peers e.g. reporting regularly on competitor price/promotional activity and measuring Ocado values in external measures such as the Which? and Grocer 33 reports. You will also be responsible for checking and instigating promotional planning, to ensure all promotional phasing is accurate, making recommendations for future promotional activity based on analytics and historical commercial data.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for ensuring promotions are executed properly, ensuring that sales are optimised to customer and this matches business strategy
- Liaison with the Buying and Supply Chain teams to ensure the effectiveness of all major promotions, events, flash sales etc.
- Sign-off in collaboration with Promotions Manager on all major promotions, events, flash sales, etc. within the Ocado retail area
- Working with the Buying team to drive growth of the Ocado basket
- Co-ordinating promotional and media activity, both within the immediate Promotions and Buying teams and in collaboration with Merchandising, Marketing and Creative colleagues
The Promotions & Pricing Executive will be required to work with Trading Analysts to implement and achieve targets agreed by the Promotions Manager. The Promotions & Pricing Executive will also be required to support the rollout of new frameworks, processes, systems and reporting for promotions and price.
Specific aims in this regard will include (but not be restricted to):
- Monitoring and developing promotions with the help of analytics
- Hitting promotional targets (to include timelines, competitiveness, etc.)
- Maximising the impact of Waitrose led promotions within Ocado
- Developing and sharing a promotion review process
- Working with Trading Insight colleagues to develop the promotional/pricing review process
This will include:
- Webshop layout and merchandising for promotions
- All customer-facing product data (pricing accuracy & legal compliance)
- Use of product search terms, checkout, etc.
- SKU/range management
- Media banner hero SKUs
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven, relevant experience within retail environment (preferably but not necessarily in grocery categories)
- A strong record on internal communications & internal negotiation
- An understanding of web shop media
- Some experience/knowledge of trading analytics
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.