The opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join a recognised and reputable business in York is now available.
This role is open to part qualified to mid level Co-Sec's. Alternatively if you have been working in a similar legal role and can hit the ground running with governance and board books then your application will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out various duties including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining good shareholder relations and keeping the board informed on shareholders' views.
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure that the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking action accordingly.
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the company, e.g. maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, organising board meetings and AGMs, preparing agendas and taking minutes.
- Having responsibility for facilities, HR, insurance, investor relations, pension administration, premises and share registration (this only applies to some company secretaries)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.