Social Media Manager
The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is one of the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for children. Now with Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 17 schools and 17 residential care homes nationally.
The successful candidate will oversee the social media strategy for the company ensuring it aligns with the company's brand. You will also manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including: develop
relevant content topics to reach the company's target audience and manage all published content (images, video and written).
The focus will be to create opportunities and environments for the recruitment of new foster carers throughout the UK
- Develop and drive social media marketing strategy on brand-appropriate social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to grow followers, increase reach and engagement.
- Overseeing the social media strategy for the company ensuring it aligns with the Group’s brands
- Drive traffic across all social sites and awareness of competitor activity
- Build a social media influence and brand advocate strategy to increase the company’s presence on social media
- Coordinate the localisation of national marketing content across platforms
- Drive the growth and engagement of social usage amongst colleagues
- Evaluate and maintain competitive benchmarks and understand industry best practice
- Manage the weekly social calendars to ensure all campaigns have a strong social element to drive awareness, engagement and advocacy.
- Ensure the social media team deliver exciting and engaging daily content based on day to day priorities and objectives, working closely with the marketing team.
- Line Manager for social media team
- Liaison and management of any external agency or resource the Group may use
- Lead the design and delivery of NFA Group’s social media governance, controls, guidelines and training to ensure that the company’s reputation is protected and channels used are appropriate based on target audience and messaging.
- Keeping up to date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms.
- Building reporting frameworks to evaluate return on investment on the various platforms.
- Working with the marketing team to look at ways social media can work within wider campaigns.
- Analysing usage data to boost visibility and potential foster carer engagement together with enhancing communication within the Group’s existing on-line community.
- Create and circulate performance data using such tools as Google analytics
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various company stakeholders across Fostering, Education and Residential. Works with Corporate Affairs to ensure continuity in Group SM channels and message/comment protocols and the development of clinical blog content.
- Planning and delivery of local and community management strategies through social media. and campaigns and appropriate distribution
Qualifications and Skills/Experience
The role would suit someone with proven and established social media success, with a strong ability with social media tools, ideally from a creative social media platform. Some of the responsibilities will be to develop
winning social media strategies, which increases followers.
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification in business management would be desirable
- Two years of experience with social media management,
- Marketing experience and content creation, copywriting,
- Data collection and analysis, relevant technology skills,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Experience with major social media platforms
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant technical expertise in the use of social media platforms.
- Must have experience in planning and developing social media strategies, demonstrating proven results in engaging and building an audience across the specified social media channels
The right candidate will be passionate about driving innovation. This is a fantastic role for a social media savvy individual who has a passion for the industry plus:
- Good communicator and team management skills
- Attention to detail,
- Creative problem-solving skills,
- Team player
- Empathy and insight skills
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.